Thursday 18 September 2014

DIY Magnetic Chalkboard & Decorative Glass Bottle

I've always been obsessed with the idea of making my own magnetic chalkboard for my office at work. I feel like everything is about the whiteboard these days when the chalkboard just doesn't get enough love. Plus, it brings back memories of the good ole school days!

And I didn't want any ordinary chalkboard. I wanted a MAGNETIC chalkboard. When researching, most DIYs required magnetic paint and chalkboard paint. However, I thought this might create a problem of peeling since there are many layers. Also, would both types of paint work effectively together?

Then, I found one idea that introduced the concept of taking a baking pan (Which, surprisingly, is magnetic) and spraying painting it with chalkboard paint....it would be a chalkboard AND magnetic! So that's exactly what I did and the result is below. 



I love my magnetic chalkboard and I think it's a great addition to my office. I decorated it with buttons and added some flowers as well for colour.  

The other new decor piece in my office is this green bottle. It's super easy too! It was actually this pear and apple sparkling drink that I got from Ikea (I forgot the name...). After it was finished, I took off the label and left it as it. I thought it would make a great addition to my office just as is! I love it!

This picture was taken at home, not at the office lol. 

So there you go! Two simple decor ideas that are really in-expensive to spice up your personal office space!

What's your favourite DIY for Fall? or Thanksgiving? or even Halloween? 

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment