Thursday 12 November 2015

Lip Balms That Work

Lip balms are a staple in my life, no matter what time of year it is. They are essential for my everyday lip care routine as well as to ensure my lipstick applies with no fuss! As far as I can remember, I've always been obsessed with lip balms. I remember growing up and having almost every Lip Smacker scent under the sun (you remember those days too!). Since then I've moved up drastically in the lip balm department (obviously!). Here are my top picks that won't disappoint!


EOS Lip Balm
Sure they look like an Easter egg... but there's so much more to these lovely little packages of lip balm goodness! Of course, the packaging is pretty and attractive. If you slip one of these into your makeup bag or purse, they are the easiest thing to find due to the unique round shape. Aside from the cute packaging, the formula is fantastic! It glides on easily, giving you a smooth, soft finish. Its hydrating and moisturizing as well. It leaves a clear layer of balm which makes a perfect surface when applying lip colour. I especially love that the product is all natural and organic. It's definitely a plus! I love all the scents. I haven't tried the Vanilla Mint or Coconut Milk scent but that's next on my list. They can be expensive but in my opinion, the price is completely worth it!


Burt Bee's Lip Balm
I have to admit that I got this lip balm as a gift. It wasn't one of those products I would go out and purchase myself. Given that I love it so much, I don't know if I could ever stop buying it. I have the pomegranate scent and it's amazing! The formula itself contains pomegranate oil, which is nourishing and replenishing to the lips. If my lips feel chapped from the weather or from wearing lipstick all day long, I will put on this lip balm with the full confidence that it will restore my lips overnight. It glides on smoothly with a slight sheen finish. The finish is a sheer tint on your lips which makes it perfect for wearing as is, or pairing it with a lip colour. It works great as a base for when I am applying long lasting lip stick. It gives added moisture to a lip stick that can be very dehydrating on the lips.


Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
This lip balm was on my to-buy list for a long time and I finally made the plunge to purchase it this past summer. Mainly because the packaging looks so cool, but aside from that this is an awesome product! I've never been one to use Vaseline or to be fond over it. If you are a Vaseline lover, then you will definitely like the Smith's lip balms. They have the consistency and texture of Vaseline. Smith's just takes it to another level by making it glamorous. It has a smooth consistency and applies evenly. You may think it looks sticky but its soft and moisturizing. It smells glorious as well! I love anything with peppermint in it and this speaks to that perfectly! Its great to smell but feels even better on your lips with the added peppermint. I would wholeheartedly purchase another lip balm product from the Smith's line.


Those are my favourite lip balms that I have in my collection and they live up to my lofty expectations! Having a proper lip balm that works well is an essential as we head into the colder months (at least here in Canada). And of course, they are one of those makeup products that you can probably never have enough of!

What are your go to lip balms?

~Usha




No comments:

Post a Comment