Wednesday 26 August 2015

Summer Faves


It's the last week of August and here I am sitting, thinking to myself, "Where did summer go!?". Summer has certainly announced its entrance, but it has also disappeared way too fast! Some may argue that summer is here until September. While that is true, I always associate the start of school as the beginning of Fall. Do you do that too?

I've enjoyed summer a lot this year. For once, the weather was super hot, which has made a difference. My husband and I have really done some amazing things this summer. There have been a few things that I've been absolutely in love with and I don't think it would have been the same without these faves. They are definitely worth the mention.


Erin Condren Life Planner
If you follow me on Instagram, (which if you don't - you should! lol) you would know that I've been obsessing over the Erin Condren life planner. I love this planner! I'm not one to plan out every single detail of life, (In fact, I like to go with the flow and just let things happen), but what I like about the planner is that it doubles as a scrapbook, where I can save ideas and jot down important milestones and events. It's a keepsake for me to look back on. I plan on doing a more detailed post on my planner in the Fall. Stay tuned!

Sharpie Markers
I've been putting off this purchase for so long as I didn't really know if they would have a true purpose in my life. But they do! I love to use these markers in my life planner and note books. It makes things so much more fun and exciting! I just have to look at them and it brings me joy.

Zen Colouring
Apparently the most recent craze is adult colouring books... which many of you may severely question. I completely did as well. I didn't completely shut the idea down because when I was kid, I LOVED colouring. So I decided to give it a try, and I have to say that it's worth it! The simple act of colouring is very calming and relaxing, and it puts me in a summery mood. I love to do this in the mornings while my husband makes breakfast and I sip on coffee. Completely blissful!


Washington DC
I had the opportunity to travel to Washington DC in July for my full-time job. It was amazing! I love the city and all that it had to offer. Everything from the food, the people, the vibe and even the history was unbelievable! I really want to go again in the near future. I made so many great memories and learned a lot. Definitely a major highlight of the summer.

Mango Black Tea Lemonade
Starbucks recently introduced a new summer drink - the Mango Black Tea Lemonade. While I am obsessed with the Passion Tea Lemonade drink from Starbucks, I am overtly obsessed with the Mango Black Tea Lemonade! It is so good! This drink in its entirety, speaks summer! It's been my favourite all summer - If you haven't picked one up yet, you have to try one!

The Martian
I'm a natural bookworm. The only problem I have is that there's not enough time in the day to do all of the reading I would love to. I try my best to fit it in as much as possible because it makes me happy. The Martian, in particular, has been my summer fave. It is so good! Very thrilling and keeps me on edge! I will definitely do a future post on this read. I can't wait for the movie to be released to see the story come to life! I think I want to try and view this one on opening night.


My Pink Water Bottle
I was in need of a new water bottle and went on the hunt for one. My husband happened to find this pink, glass water bottle that was perfect! If there was such as thing as a perfect water bottle - this would be it! It's made of glass, it's pink, it has inspirational words written all over it, has a secure cap and even a handle to carry it. Basically, it checked off all of my needs on my water bottle wish list! I've been enjoying my water with a slice of lemon for a refreshing taste.

Audible.com and Spotify
I've been wanting to try some new things this summer and that's been listening to Spotify and Audible.com. Love these apps! I've been really enjoying these both during my morning drive to work and while I work out. It keeps me motivated! For Spotify, I really like listening to stories and Latin music. Right now I'm listening to Far From the Madding Crowd. For Audible.com, I've listened to The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo (which I also plan on doing a blog post about since it was really good!).

What have been your summer favourites?

~Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment