Thursday 11 December 2014

Gift Wrapping 101

It's that time of year where we all buy gifts and presents for holiday giving. Of course with that comes gift wrapping! I love gift wrapping! I did all of my gift wrapping on the weekend and I try to make an occasion out of it. The hubby and I play Christmas movies (we had Christmas with the Kranks on this weekend!), sip on hot chocolate with the tree all lit up in our PJs. I love it!

I'm not the 'perfect' gift wrapper by all means and I could probably use a tip or two to improve myself. But I thought I would share a few of the tips that I use to make gift wrapping look as neat and tidy as possible.


I always try to buy wrapping paper with grid marks on it. This wrapping paper I bought from Costco and usually all of their wrapping paper has the grid lines (and their paper is also very sturdy and strong!). I find that the grid lines help to measure out how much paper you'll need and to help you cut straight lines as well.


Start by folding in one side of the wrapping paper on your gift. It's okay to use the tape and apply it directly on the gift as you will be covering it up in the following steps.


Then fold the top half of your paper about an inch in and apply rolls of tape on the fold.


Fold it over to completely cover the gift. The fold that you make in the previous step helps to make a perfectly straight line as well as hide the tape. Say yes to no more scissor cut lines!


Fold in the right and left sides so they are tucked in. This will create a triangle at the top and bottom of the gift. Use tape if you need to secure the sides. 


Try to folder the top triangle in. Fold the tip of the bottom triangle in and put a loop of tape on it to secure. 


Fold up and secure with tape. Remember, use the loop tape so that no tape is showing. Again, yes to no scissor cut lines!


Repeat the folding technique on the other side of the gift.


Flip over and you're almost done! To make the gift look extra crisp (like a neatly ironed shirt) take your index finger and thumb and run it along the edges to get that 'crisp' look. 



Add some ribbon and you're done! 

Like I mentioned, I'm not an expert, but these tips help me.

Do you have any gift wrapping tips & tricks? If so, let me know in the comments below!

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment