Thursday 16 October 2014

Easiest and Cheapest Way to Clean Makeup Brushes

It's a chore that we all hate but it's a very important one. It's important to clean your makeup brushes frequently. It helps to prevent buildup and dirt in your pores that will cause break out. I have to admit, cleaning my makeup brushes always sounds like the most draining, daunting, expensive and time consuming task and I often make excuses to skip this.

But I discovered the easiest and cheapest way to clean your makeup brushes! I hope you agree.

You will need some dish washing soap (I use whatever I have available at home which is usually Pamolive), some small plastic plates with grooves on it and a little bit of a dip to hold water in (I found these at the Dollar Store for super cheap!), water, your dirty makeup brushes and some paper towels. Here we go!

Start off by putting some dish washing soap into one plate. Then fill it up with some water to create a soapy water mixture. It's helpful to find a plastic plate with a dip so you can fill it up with water.


Take your dirty makeup brush and swirl it around the plate. This is where having a plastic plate with grooves on it becomes helpful. The grooves help to remove the dirt and makeup without any effort! Swirl, swirl and swirl until all the dirt is out!

 

Take another plate and fill it with clean water. Swirl your soapy makeup brush in the clean water until all the dirt is removed. You may have to change your water a few times depending on how many brushes you have.



Put your clean brushes on a paper towel to air dry.


You're done! Simple, quick, easy and a cheap way to clean your makeup brushes. The only item I paid for was the plastic plates which you can find for a few bucks at your local Dollar Store. Happy makeup brush cleaning! In an upcoming post I will share my tip for storing your makeup brushes in a fashionable and trendy way. 

Do you have any tricks for cleaning your makeup brushes?

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment